Position: Associate Director – Support Services
Location: San Jose
Reports to: Support Services Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
HomeFirst Services of Santa Clara County offers a range of Support Services to unhoused and at-risk populations in our community ranging from outreach, diversion, housing problem solving, emergency interim shelter, bridge housing communities and rapid-rehousing programs.
The Associate Director is accountable, with the Support Services Director, for management activities including the initiation, planning, design, and implementation of Support Services programs. This role will engage in major change projects and is further responsible for modeling the values and principles of HomeFirst within the department and broader community. The Associate Director’s initial assignment is the oversight of HomeFirst’s bridge and interim housing projects, These projects include two bridge housing communities and two emergency interim housing programs.
Project Management, Leadership
- Support in the evaluation and analysis of department infrastructure and services
- Pursue the consistent application of industry best practices
- Understand and keep abreast of contract
- Participate in departmental strategic planning with the Support Services Director, and support achievement of the identified goals
- Provide supervision and consultation to the department’s Program Managers as relevant to assigned projects
- Facilitate collaborative decision making
- Maintain ongoing awareness of community trends
- Provide oversite to ensure provision of client-centered services are administered professionally, effectively and consistent with HomeFirst values and principals
- Report out regularly to Support Services Direct and Program Managers on status of projects/activities
- Forge internal and external partnerships to support department efforts
- Coordinate effective project communications, ensuring clear and consistent messaging
- Areas of focus may include:
- Standardization of department policies, procedures, and documentation
- Performance improvement
- Quality assurance and compliance
- Effective involvement with the Coordinated Entry System and City of San Jose and Santa Clara County Office of Supportive Housing
- Formalizing department training modules
- Attend all job-related meetings, including program staff meetings and agency-wide meetings.
- Participate in opportunities for learning and skill maintenance/development, including internal and external trainings and workshops.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field human services field preferred
- Minimum of 2 year demonstrated success in a management or leadership positions
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience developing relationships with community partners and external agencies
- Experience with complex project management
- Experience serving the unhoused population preferred
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and be flexible with priorities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- Ability to present oneself and the agency professionally to internal and external audiences
- Ability to lead a team and work as a member of a team
- Desire to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds and professional rank
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurance, and reliable transportation
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
Home First is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com