POSITION: Willow Housing Program- Case Manager (Temporary)
PROGRAM/LOCATION: Willow Housing, Menlo Park, CA
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
HomeFirst is a leading provider of services, shelter, and housing opportunities to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness in Santa Clara County. The goal of HomeFirst's Comprehensive Services Program (Supportive Housing environment) is to provide housing stability to formerly homeless and at-risk veteran households, within Willow Housing in the County of San Mateo, California. The agency's Comprehensive Services Program will achieve this goal by providing veteran participants with Supportive Services within their Housing environment to help them maintain housing and promote self-sufficiency. Intensive, individualized case management services coupled with targeted financial assistance assist clients to avert homeless episodes and attain housing.
Direct Services (70%)
- Provide light touch case managements and crisis de-escalation services to all residents of Willow Housing
- Work with the property management team to address client tenancy issues as they arise, including other providers and team members as appropriate
- Connect residents to their assigned service team for ongoing case management needs and to support housing retention
- Provide appropriate information and referrals to other community services
- Conduct weekly wellness checks to assess resident safety and service needs
- Collaborate with community partners regarding support services for residents
- Know and implement agency policies and procedures
- Properly report any suspected cases of abuse or neglect, including self-neglect
- Maintain professional relations and conduct
- Maintain thorough, accurate records of activities with every program participant, as required by grant contracts
- Distribute and collect semiannual resident surveys
- Provide support to Resident Activities Coordinator with larger scale events as needed
- Utilize supervision appropriately, maintaining open lines of communication and providing updates on service activity
- Maintain a thorough, accurate daily log of services rendered
- If assigned a dedicated case load, document all case management activity via progress notes in HMIS per quality standards
- Participate in ongoing analysis of and program alignment with industry best practices.
- Proactively and consistently improve the quality and effectiveness of program services.
- Attend all meetings relevant to this position.
- Assist with office-related tasks as needed.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
- Bachelors required; MSW preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in developing relationships with community partners and outside agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and be flexible with priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to present oneself and the agency professionally to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of the homeless.
- Strong understanding of PTSD and Veteran issues.
- Preference for extensive field work over office-based work.
- Enjoy providing hands-on instruction in basic living and financial skills.
- Valid CA Driver's License/Insurance/Acceptable Driving Record
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
Home First is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.