Position: Food Warehouse Specialist
Location: Boccardo Reception Center
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00
Manager: Facilities Director
Our Food Warehouse and Pantry Specialist position is responsible for the proper receiving and warehouse maintenance of all food, beverages and non-consumables. The Warehouse Specialist assists the Food Services Supervisor and Facilities Director for the overall condition and operation of the HomeFirst Kitchen Services inside and out.
- The Food Warehouse Specialist must have the ability to communicate with delivery companies, drivers, appliance repair, be able to perform light administrative duties
- Receives and inventories food and beverage product and supplies.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, orderly warehouse and outside storage area.
- May need to assist in loading and unloading vehicles for meal delivery to other locations
- Plan placement and organization of food, supplies and kitchen materials
- Store food and rotate stock in preparation for storage and/or distribution
- Ensures refrigerators and freezers maintain First In-First Out practices
- Work with Cooks in menu planning based on food inventories
- Monitors “Food Boxes” and ensure inventory for them
- May also include driver responsibilities to pick up food donations from various sources. Applicant must possess a valid CA driver’s license.
- Rotate and learn different areas of the production if needed
- Ensures proper food storage procedures are followed.
- Responsible for wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating and checking temperature of products.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold environment and must be able to stand for long periods.
- Providing a clean, safe and efficient operation of the Food Pantry
- Management of documents and paperwork including food inventory, food log sheets and invoices
- Perform inspection and cleaning of warehouse and kitchen equipment daily. Report any equipment that needs service and repair
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly reports for Facilities Director
- Keeping accurate records of the amount of food coming in and out each month
- Provide training to volunteers, ensuring safety, efficiency and effective communication
- Providing timely communication to coworkers, supervisors and clients.
- Additional projects assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum one year in Food Industry
- Minimum one year in Materials/Warehouse