POSITION: Corporate and Major Gifts Officer
PROGRAM/LOCATION: Administration Office located at Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, Milpitas
SUPERVISOR: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
The Corporate and Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for leading fundraising activities, including but not limited to soliciting, closing, and stewarding major gifts ($5,000 – and greater), and growing corporate support. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer, and is a vital member of the development team, including a development associate, a special events and strategy officer, and four community engagement/volunteer coordinating staff. The Corporate and Major Gifts Officer serves as a passionate, enthusiastic, and visible spokesperson for the organization, and has a collaborative spirit.
• Our CEO is a cheerleader for our fundraising efforts, and is always willing to help promote our work.
• Our Board of Directors and Advisory Council recognize the importance of fundraising and we have a strong Fund Development Committee.
• Our one major fundraising event occurs in the Nov/Dec time frame and we have an active volunteer event committee that plays a role in planning the event.
• We have data management and quality control/compliance resources in house for reports and proposal writing needs. (If you have grant writing experience, that is a plus!)
In this role, you will be a successful if you have strengths in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. And a hands-on team approach. Among the tools at your disposal are a marketing and communications team who assist with newsletters, crafting branded messages, social media and website content. Along with a bevy of individuals within the agency to help tell the story and cheer you on!
We use Donor Perfect as a donor management and payment processing tool.
Education and Experience
• BA/BS degree, or equivalent experience. CFRE preferred.
• Experience with AFP – and willingness to be involved with the local chapter.
• Demonstrated success in raising at least $1M a year from individual (at all levels), foundations, corporations, and service organizations.
• Knowledge of and commitment to fundraising principles, best practices, and ethics.
• Exemplary oral, written communication, interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in/with social service nonprofit organizations.
• Knowledge of Santa Clara County donors and funders preferred.
• A positive and optimistic personality with a sense of humor.
• Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
• Able to work both independently, as well as within a strong team.
• Strong planning and implementation skills: ability to prioritize own workload, meet deadlines and plan effectively to meet realistic fundraising goals.
• Able to work flexible hours as needed.
• Valid CA Driver’s License
• Reliable personal vehicle
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
We envision a community in which everyone has a home. Our Mission is to confront homelessness by cultivating people’s potential to get housed and stay house. HomeFirst Services is the leading service provider of temporary and permanent housing solutions for Santa Clara County’s at risk and currently homeless people.
We serve approximately 5,000 individuals, families and veterans annually at various locations including our Boccardo Reception Center in west San Jose. Our continuum of care includes emergency shelters, Bridge Housing Communities, Emergency Interim Housing, Veterans services, and support services to transitional and permanent housing.
Our singular focus is to provide our clients with the best secure and safe housing possible to help them lead productive, healthy and happy lives – starting with a home first!
With 40 years of experience we know that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed.
COMPENSATION: $75.000 DOE
There is no reimbursement for relocation.
Your application was submitted successfully.