Position: Development Associate
Location: Administrative Office Sobrato Center for Nonprofits, Milpitas, CA
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Our mission is to confront homelessness by cultivating people’s potential to get housed and stay housed. We envision a community in which everyone has a home. We are looking for someone with a passion for our mission and is committed to our vision. HomeFirst is a $40M 501(c)(3) nonprofit and we just celebrated our 40th anniversary of serving the men, women and children who are unhoused in Santa Clara County. The fundraising team is responsible for raising over $2Million annually from individuals, corporations, foundations, and nonprofits. We have strong leadership with a committed Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
The Development Associate (DA) is the heart of our development team and serves as the main donor data controller and offers administrative support for all fundraising initiatives. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer and is a part of team which includes other development staff, as well as community engagement and volunteer coordinators. In this role you:
The Development Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Donor Data Management. Entering, analyzing and tracking donations
- Accurate, thorough, and timely data entry is essential. Manage duplicate donor data, and update contact information within the platform.
- Prompt thank you letters to donors and a flash list for the CEO to make thank you calls for significant gifts
- Evaluate data trends by reviewing year over year data and reporting to CDO
Experience with a CRM or database tool will be helpful to you in this position. We utilize DonorPerfect as our data management platform and have appropriate support to troubleshoot and learn the system.
- Administrative Coordination. Provide reports, assist with team communication and meetings.
- Support financial month-end reconciliation, compiling donor reports and matching data to campaigns
- Monitor info @ email account for the agency and route to appropriate department
- Assist with team meetings, managing notes, and tasks as applicable
- Direct Fundraising. Development Associates will be responsible for stewardship, tracking and making direct asks for a small portfolio of donors as chosen by the Chief Development Officer.
- Analyze past giving patterns. Create a fundraising plan for each donor and maintain thorough recording keeping on communication and results.
- Special Events Coordination. Assist in planning and executing successful fundraising and in-kind donation events.
- Attend regularly scheduled planning meetings.
- Establish the necessary event and auction management software packages and keep them up to date through the end of the IFTC Campaign
- Manage guest list; registration processes or other relevant guest interface
- Support the needs of event sponsors with tickets, RSVPs, and other necessary engagement
- Day of the event support from set up through tear down
- Lead post event donation processing and data reporting; scheduling debrief and facilitating feedback process
Specific Duties Might Include:
- Entering all new data, correcting and removing inaccurate or outdated data as needed
- Regular database de-duplication and cleanup
- Management and prioritization of ongoing support requests
- Developing and frequently using quality control reports and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Assisting team members with queries, dashboards, report design and production
- Identifying areas for process improvement and implementing solutions
- Standardizing and documenting of data entry and report procedures
- Generating monthly database reports and reconciling revenue reports with the Finance Department for each month-close process
- Creating database reports including mailing lists, letters, name badges, labels, prospect lists, donor profiles, etc.
- Tracking all special event donations (including auction items), logistical details, invitation/RSVP lists, volunteer coordination and more – this individual needs to be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Managing donor communication and coordination as it relates to acknowledgments, tax receipts and gift verification or corporate matching
- Oversee updates to the data systems, contracts, and renewals
- Manage the execution of all mail and email appeal campaigns in collaboration with other team members
Looking for someone who is upbeat, with a good sense of humor and a heart for service. Must be mature in handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and crave an environment where diversity is celebrated.
Skills & Experience
- CMS database experience required. Familiarity with DonorPerfect a plus!
- Excellent computer skills and software expertise
- Familiarity with Greater Giving, Benevity, Network for Good and Constant Contact as well as all Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs preferred but not required
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of finance terms and experience using account coding systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Consistent customer service orientation and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with co-workers
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and commitments
- Proven ability to be a goal-oriented team player, yet able to function well without the need of constant supervision
- Familiarity with nonprofit fundraising, interacting with key stakeholders – i.e. Board of Directors, Advisory Council, high net-worth donors, community leaders, etc.
Full time, NonExempt
Compensation: $27.00/hour, DOE
Health, Dental and other benefits