Position: Facilities Technician
Location: HomeFirst Services of Santa Clara County
Supervisor: Facility Manager/Property Manager
Responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs in residential building and surrounding, emergency, property & apartment turnover, and routine maintenance for multiple buildings. Assist in posting/writing notices and providing a quality living environment for the residents, and working to establish a positive, productive work relationship with the Property Manager.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic Janitorial, stocking supplies, and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the minor to major, after hours/emergency work orders
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping & /or vacuuming floors
- Basic/light HVAC, plumbing, electrical & appliance repair
- Basic/light Masonry, carpentry, painting, and any other preventive general repairs
- Clean office, laundry rooms, and property
- Clean dumpster and area, also power washing
- Conduct property walks, pick up all litter, and checks for health and safety issues
- Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, parts & supplies & informs supervisor(s) of shortage
- Oversees vendors, while on-site as needed
- Shampooing carpets/rugs and waxing floors
- Resolving tenant issues, parking towing, etc.
- Notifying management of need repairs
- Assisting team with vacant unit turnovers when time permits
- Assist with preparation and posting of notices, lease violations, incident reports, 24hr entry notices, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be available for on-call services.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with two years related experience
- Must have a CA Drivers license, clean driving record, and pass a background check.
- Technical proficiency in the use of common hand tools, power tools, electrical diagnostic equipment, and other tools used in general maintenance and repair work.
- Must be able to function in an independent environment.
- Experience working with chemicals and cleaning compounds such as; bleach, ammonia, alcohol, glycerine, ammonium chloride, and propane. Knowledge of mixing /quantities for creating cleaning solutions and liquids for use in everyday surface cleanups.
- Knowledge of mixing/quantities for creating solutions and liquids for use in everyday surface cleanups
- Ability to comprehend instructions, read and write short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to communicate (speak, read and write) in English in order to maintain safety in
the workplace and serve internal and external customers
- Ability to regularly lift up to 75 lbs
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
We serve more than 5,600 adults, veterans, families, and youth each year at eight locations including Boccardo Reception Center, which is the county’s largest homeless service center. In 35 years of experience, we’ve learned that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We are relentlessly focused on eliminating barriers to housing and stability for everyone we serve.
Homefirst is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.