Position: Housing Retention Services Director
Location: Santa Clara County
Reports to: VP – Permanent Housing Division
Status: Full-time, Exempt
HomeFirst Services of Santa Clara County offers a range of services to homeless and at-risk members of our community ranging from outreach, emergency shelter, transitional housing, rapid-rehousing, permanent supportive housing, and homelessness prevention. We serve more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and youth each year at seven locations including our Boccardo Reception Center, which is the county’s largest homeless services center.
The Housing Retention Services Director supports the planning, design, and implementation of Housing Retention Services including Permanent Supportive Housing and Homelessness Prevention program types.
The Housing Retention Services Director is accountable for performance toward housing outcome metrics addressing the length of time participants experience homelessness while in program, recidivism, and the cumulative program exits into permanent housing among others. This role is further responsible for modeling the values and principles of HomeFirst within the agency and the broader community.
The Housing Retention Services Director will provide supervision and oversight to 3-6 Program Managers.
Project Management, Leadership
- With the VP – Permanent Housing Division and agency Quality Control Department, support the monitoring, analysis, and evaluation of program performance toward permanent housing outcomes.
- Engage in the consistent application and development of industry best practices in case management and permanent housing interventions.
- Maintain compliance with contract, agency, and licensing requirements.
- Participate in agency and division strategic planning sessions with the VP – Permanent Housing Division.
- Adhere to task completion deadlines.
- Achieve identified program and position deliverables.
- Provide consultation to the agency’s leadership and staff as relevant to case management and permanent housing intervention matters.
- Facilitate collaborative decision-making in regard to program development and participant program interventions.
- Maintain awareness of emerging case management and permanent housing intervention trends including agency-wide, nationally, and in the local services community.
- Report out regularly to VP and Program Managers on the status of internal case management matters as well as homelessness and prevention service policy changes.
- Forge internal and external partnerships to support case management and service efforts.
- Recruit, evaluate, and support Program Managers in the development of their team and professional growth.
- Coordinate effective departmental communications, ensuring clear and consistent messaging.
- Attend all job-related meetings, including program staff meetings and agency-wide meetings.
- Represent the agency in public speaking events as requested.
- Participate in opportunities for learning and skill maintenance/development, including internal and external training and workshops.
- Assist with other duties assigned.
- The Housing Retention Services Director is relentless in their commitment to ending homelessness via the principles of Housing First and Harm Reduction. They demonstrate this commitment through thoughtful, strategic program design and a scientific approach to performance improvement. Their participation in the continuous testing, analysis, and refinement of their programs reflects their personal pursuit of excellence in all that they do.
- The Housing Retention Services Director is able to navigate the competing demands of internal and external stakeholders and balances their passion for service with developed business acumen.
- The Housing Retention Services Director actively fosters the growth of their Managers to embody the values of HomeFirst and equip them for further advancement.
- HomeFirst is a diverse company in a diverse field, and the Housing Retention Services Director desires to work with people from a variety of social and economic backgrounds.
Knowledge and Experience, General
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human services field preferred; Bachelor’s degree may be substituted by 2 years additional relevant work experience.
- 8 years experience in social work or related human services
- Measurable success in a past management position(s)
- Extensive, demonstrable knowledge in case management services
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience developing relationships with community partners and outside agencies
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurance, and reliable transportation
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
HomeFirst is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.