Position: Clinician/Therapist- ASW, LCSW, AFMT, LMFT, APCC, LPCC
Location: Boccardo Reception Center (BRC)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time, Exempt
Compensation: $75,000- $80,000 depending on experience
HomeFirst Services takes pride in its safety values, wellness of our team, and respect for everyone we serve. Due to this commitment, HomeFirst Services is mandating that all employees be vaccinated or render a religious or medical exemption effective September 13, 2021.
Our clinicians provide clinical leadership in areas of comprehensive assessments, case conferences, treatment plans, and strategic interventions to ensure quality service delivery for clients and participants across all of HomeFirst’s programs. Our clinicians use the Housing First and Harm Reduction principles to guide their services. These programs include:
- Emergency Housing (shelter programs in San Jose and Sunnyvale)
- Outpatient permanent supportive housing and rapid rehousing
- Outreach to homeless encampments
- Interim and bridge housing
Direct Services (70%)
- Maintain a caseload of persistently homeless or recently housed individuals by providing individual and group therapeutic interventions
- Utilize supervision appropriately, maintain open lines of communication, and providing updates on participants treatment and well-being
- Independently complete thorough psychosocial assessments for program participants to determine needs
- Work with program participants to independently develop and implement an individual action plan, and provide support to help them achieve their goals
- Meet regularly with program participants at a frequency determined by their needs
- Provide assessment and intervention in response to client crises, including necessary follow-up and using appropriate consultation; provide coverage in emergency situations.
- Conduct ongoing re-assessments of the clients’ needs and self-sufficiency
- Provide accurate DSM 5 diagnoses, as needed
- Maintain thorough, accurate records of client activity and interaction with every program participant, as required by grant contracts.
- Document services via progress notes within 3 business days
- Keep accurate documentation on all clients and ensure audit-ready chart compliance
- Participate in ongoing analysis of and program alignment with industry best practices
- Provide leadership, coaching, and training on mental health-related topics for program /agency staff
- Know and implement agency and program policies and procedures
- Properly report any suspected cases of abuse
- Maintain professional relations and conduct
- Attend all meetings relevant to this position, including team meetings, agency training, and off-site training
- Assist with office-related tasks as needed
- Assist with other duties assigned
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling, required
- Current registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Marriage & Family Therapist (AMFT, LMFT), Professional Counselor (LPCC, APCC), or Clinical Social Worker (ASW, LCSW), required
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Understanding of issues facing the unhoused and formerly unhoused populations, recommended
- Understanding of and ability to apply multi-modal Evidence-Based Practice approaches and perspectives to therapeutic interventions
- Strong understanding of PTSD, mental health symptoms, DSM 5 diagnoses
- Knowledgeable of Trauma-Informed Care, CBT, and other evidence-based practices
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and rapport in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and maintain priorities and meet established deadlines
- High level of flexibility and ability to prioritize independently
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Ability to present oneself and the agency professionally to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to independently work as a member of a team and can set and meet individual goals.
- Comfort in working with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Enjoy providing hands-on instruction on life skills
- Able to perform sedentary work;
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. on occasion;
- Ability to use keyboard and read computer screens for extended periods;
- Able to stand/sit for extended periods, kneel, reach and bend related to the completion of duties;
About HomeFirst Services:
Established in 1980, with 40+ years of experience, we are the premier Silicon Valley provider of homelessness services. We believe that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We relentlessly focus on eliminating barriers to housing and creating stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst Services serves more than 6,000 adults, veterans, families, and young adults each year at multiple locations from Gilroy to Menlo Park – all of Santa Clara County as well as southern San Mateo County.
- Homelessness prevention
- Emergency and cold-weather shelters
- Comprehensive Veterans’ Services
- Rapid Rehousing programs
- Bridge Housing Communities
- Emergency Interim Housing
- Affordable permanent housing
- Permanent Supportive housing
- Street-based outreach
Benefits of joining the HomeFirst team:
- Professional growth opportunities within the organization
- 100% medical coverage for employees with an opportunity to add dependents at a shared cost
- 401k match up to 4%
- 12 observed Holidays
- Generous PTO, accrual begins with 120 hours annually and increase with tenure
- 4 hours of Community Engagement are provided annually
- Access to our Emergency Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Pet Insurance options are available
HomeFirst Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Additionally, HomeFirst Services participates in the E-Verify program, as required by law.
HomeFirst Services is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.