POSITION: Internship Manager (Temporary)
PROGRAM/LOCATION: Internship and Training/Santa Clara County
SUPERVISOR: Chief Operations Officer
STATUS: Temporary (Aug. 2018-Feb. 2019), Part-time (8-12 hrs./week)
HomeFirst is a leading provider of services, shelter, and housing opportunities to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness in Santa Clara County. We serve more than 4,000 adults, veterans, families, and youth each year at seven locations, including our Boccardo Reception Center, which is the county’s largest homeless services center. With over 35 years of experience, we’ve learned that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We are relentlessly focused on eliminating barriers to housing and stability for everyone we serve.
The temporary Internship Manager works closely with the Chief Operations Officer, and Directors of Support Services, Veteran Services, and Shelter Services to support interns in their roles throughout the agency. The Internship Manager will uphold a learning-focused environment in hosting, supervising, and teaching social work interns from various approved educational institutions and provide oversight in their educational engagement at HomeFirst. Additionally, the Internship Manager will play a key role in creating and upholding valuable relationships with community and educational partners in the San Jose part of the Bay Area.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provides regular time for interns as direct service providers to engage in supervision through holding regular individual and group supervision sessions to support on-going development for individuals and teams;
· Works to expand and deepen the agency’s engagement with best field related practices to ensure the highest level of service possible to those that are homeless;
· Attends community meetings as needed and represents HomeFirst in a professional manner;
· Assists agency with other duties, as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in Social Work or related field and relevant experience in non-profit agencies;
· Minimum of 2 years of field experience in social work direct practice to support Field Faculty Instructor role with Schools of Social Work and related fields;
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
· Demonstrated initiative and leadership in concept development and program planning;
· Preferred experience in working with the homeless and a demonstrated understanding of “Housing First” as a model to end homelessness;
· Proven track record of managing a comprehensive portfolio of program offerings;
· Demonstrates leadership through a deep understanding of the needs of those that are homeless and provides the vision for the development and growth of the programmatic areas of the agency;
· Clear understanding of Council of Social Work Education and the National Association of Social Workers goals in developing Internship Department at HomeFirst;
· Technologically-adept, preferably including skills in Excel and HMIS;
· Knowledge of Santa Clara County's Continuum of Care (CoC) and its plan to end homelessness;
· Ability to quickly build trust and rapport in interpersonal relationships;
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with community partners and outside agencies;
· Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain priorities and meet established deadlines;
· High level of flexibility and ability to prioritize appropriately
· Valid CA Driver License and auto insurance;
· Reliable personal vehicle;
· Computer-literate- familiar with internet research and proficient with MS Office suite;
· Physical duties will include walking, sitting, ability to lift 25 lbs.
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
HomeFirst is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
*LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY