POSITION: General Accounting Manager
PROGRAM/LOCATION: Administrative office/Milpitas, CA
SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
HomeFirst is a leading provider of services, shelter, and housing opportunities to the homeless and those at risk of homelessness in Santa Clara County. The Administrative office houses instrumental support personnel of the agency, including the following departments: Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Fund Development, and Data Management.
The General Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the daily accounting activities, including the preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, supervision of accounts payable, and the preparation of financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, organize, and direct the work of staff on the team;
· Review and approve journal entries prepared by staff;
· Assist in the preparation of forms and regulatory reports;
· Provide the primary back-up to Grant Accounting Manager for spreadsheet allocations of payroll, benefits, shelter, driver, program management, and food service expenses;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
We serve more than 5,000 adults, veterans, families, and youth each year at eight locations, including the Boccardo Reception Center, which is the county’s largest homeless services center. In more than 35 years of experience, we’ve learned that everyone has the potential to get housed and stay housed. We are relentlessly focused on eliminating barriers to housing and stability for everyone we serve.
HomeFirst is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY